Log Widget module

Description

Available from version 5.0.0 in 3 color versions: Huehueteotl, Dark, Light.

Currently the module supports only the "Counter" type logs (the ones where you type in a number).

It's free to use to everyone till the end of June 2016, later to subscribers level 2&3.

Turning on & configuring

Before the widget may be added to the Home Screen the module must be turned on using:

Modules -> Community supported modules -> Level 2 -> Log Widget

To turn the module on or off tap the slider on the right.

To add one to the Home Screen open the list of widgets (next to the list of applications). Or long-press an empty space on the Home Screen and follow system instructions. Then choose color version and long-press it. After that you'll be asked to turn on the Module if you haven't already or choose a log from a drop-down list.

Using the widget

Tapping the "-" sign will decrease the number by 1, "+" will increase it by 1.

The widget waits several seconds before saving the value in the database, so if you increase the number using 5 taps the system will wait a moment and then save "+5" in the database - not 5 separate "+1" values.

Tapping the number will open the Log screen and display only this one log with all log options available as usually (on single tap or long-press). To load other logs without exiting the screen and returning to it use menu > Settings > OK

Comments

• cxp4cxp4 Member, Moderator
    Very handy.
    I guess I'll soon have a dedicated screen full of log widgets on my device. I like that it's 1x1.
    I'll just have to be cautious I don't log stuff by mistake. May be a feedback sound when logging stuff would help make sure errors don't happen unnoticed.
  • AdamAdam Developer
    OK, I'll add some feedback. First a toast message, then will think about sounds/vibrations.
  • AdamAdam Developer
    BTW: I was also thinking about adding an option to hide the "-" button, then the widget could be made even smaller for more dense dedicated screens :D
  • WKDWKD Member
    Adam said:

BTW: I was also thinking about adding an option to hide the "-" button, then the widget could be made even smaller for more dense dedicated screens :D

Yes could it be optional please? I've just realised we could use the counter widget for a log like 'procrastinating' :) so +1 when you were going to do it and you don't, and -1 when you do! :)
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Yes, it will be optional.
  • WKDWKD Member
    Like cxp4 mentioned above I'm finding it quite useful to have my log widgets on one of my home screens for quick logging. It would be super useful if the other types of logs (rating and yes/no) had widgets too but that might be a lot more work and an additional feature for voting... I think even if it was possible to just add a shortcut to them (like a shortcut to a website) on the homescreen that would still be quite useful as it would mean all the logs you regularly update are together
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Yeah, I need to implement an additional voting list - for smaller features not related to modules. Or for new features/improvements of existing modules.

The log widget never got enough votes, it was quite unpopular actually. I remember I implemented it as a side effect of implementing the task widget.

I can imagine how the rating widget could look on the home screen. A few of them would form a nice dashboard :D I like the idea.

But I can't say when I'll get to implementing any of these. The "Reminders" module is still in progress, I must focus on it for now. Will probably publish a partially done version first and add improvements over time.

Sorry, that's the best answer I can give for now...

• WKDWKD Member
    Hi Adam thanks for the reply and no worries... i forgot to check the log widget votes (surprised it doesn't get as many votes as I can see it being quite useful for the more frequent logs, guess like me people are still finding new ways to use your fantastic app :)
    Look forward to the reminders module