Duplicate when moving a task

Hi Adam, your app is almost as useful than Google maps to me!

When moving a task, it creates a copy of itself right next to it. You end up needing to delete one of them.

Maybe it's a bug specific for the Galaxy S5 and S7.

Thanks again, Shawn.

Comments

• PascalPascal Moderator
    I confirm, the same happens on my (Acer) phone.
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Thank you both for reporting this. Which "move" is it? On the Day Plan, from one day to another? After the move you have this task added twice to the "another" day?
  • shawnmalikshawnmalik Member
    Exactly!
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Hm, that's really strange. I use "move" often and have never seen it. And you see it on both your phones? What are the Android versions on them?
    I just tried moving tasks and now it works fine. I guess a recent update fixed the problem. Thanks!
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Yep, that's possible. Thanks for letting me know and sorry I couldn't get to it right away.
    You're welcome :P
  • jodycbjodycb Member
    I'm still having this problem.
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Have you noticed that it happens on any specific occasion, like when you move only 1 task, or when you move only a long list of tasks? Or only when you move by more than 1 day? Only on Thursdays? I tried various combinations but can't reproduce the problem so any observation would be helpful. Sometimes some weird, seemingly unrelated thing points in the right direction.
  • jodycbjodycb Member
    It happens when I long press a task in my schedule > more > more options and then move it to the next day.

I tend to move tasks this way when it's something I HAVE to remember to do but I'm realizing it's not going to happen today.

I just moved a task from today, a Tuesday to tomorrow, a Wednesday.

I know I've had it happen most of the time when moving a task one day ahead. It might not have happened every single time. I noticed it didn't happen once last week after I posted here and thought that it was fixed. So there is something intermittent feeling about it. I'll update if I have more detail.
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Great, thank you. This is exactly the kind of observation I had in mind. I keep looking.
  • PascalPascal Moderator
    The problem still occurs on my current phone (Moto G5 plus, Android 7.0).
    It happens only when I move a single task from one day to another. The strange thing is also that the duplication happens most of the time, but on some occasions, the task is not duplicated when moved. I have been playing a lot with moving tasks, but so far, I haven't found any logic on when it duplicates and when not :(

There's no duplication when moving more than 1 task at once.